Saturday, May 4, 2013

Color Me Rad 5k

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Hawaii Photofest programming to bring you this special - and colorful - report. Color Me Rad came to Syracuse this morning and turned the city yellow. And purple, blue, green, pink, well ... you get the idea.
 
 
So how did this happen? When we woke up this morning, Chris and I looked like this.
 

A little geeky thanks to the socks Marena gave us as a Christmas present, but otherwise mostly normal. Ready for a nice 5k run. But that's not how the color run works.

So we met up with Kristen and her family to do the race with them. Here's Kristen in her signature pose just before we took off.


But before the race could even start, I dropped a bomb. A color bomb. Surprise, Kristen!


But somehow my plan backfired ...


Don't worry, I got her back after the race.


And so did Chris.


And I may have gotten Chris back for too. He did color bomb my face more than once. Still have purple up my nose...


So basically, the 5k had several color stations where volunteers had these huge packs of color (dyed cornstarch) that they threw at the runners. Some of the stations had a liquid color and they had these jet pack-looking things that they squirted us with.


The race was very casual and there weren't timers or anything. So we took it easy so we could all stay together. And it was a blast.


Here's an after-race picture of our little team. Pretty special.


Right at the end of the race, I color bombed Chris's forehead right in front of the camera that was set up to record people crossing the finish line. So there may be some really awesome footage out there. I'll be sure to post if I can track it down.


It was hilarious how you basically got a sun tan of color, so everything that was covered stayed clean.


And at the very very end, we all gathered together and threw color bombs up in the air. It was a little hard to breathe after that. haha


When we got back to the car, I had to get a couple last pictures of this craziness. He's more color than man at this point.


And thanks to Chris's spot-on accuracy with the color bombs, I had a lovely tie-dye effect going on across my face. Woot.



So that's the color run. Kinda makes you want to sign up right? If you're interested, you can find the website to see where the races are held here.

Up next, more Hawaii pictures. Surprise! lol Anyone surprised?

No comments:

Post a Comment