- Make significant progress on at least one item on my project list (and blog about it)
- Complete at least one Dguides task (editing, writing, etc.)
I'm glad that this list feels completely manageable though. I'm hoping that by not making any of the goals too strict or too specific, I should be able to meet each one with success and feel motivated to take it a step further. I'll be sure to post about it along the way.
As for specific goals for the house, I've definitely been planning out my to do list for this summer. I've got a lot I would like to accomplish, so let's just take a look at what's on my plate for DIY endeavors.
Summer To Do List
- Finish spray painting the picture frames white and hang them on the stairway wall
- Switch out the light fixtures in the upstairs hall
- Remove clothes from my closet, paint and add storage (maybe add a closet door)
- Paint the backplates on all the glass door knobs in the house with ORB
- Swap the three brass door knobs for the glass ones I bought on eBay
- Go through the rest of the boxes in the basement
- Have a garage sale
- Paint the basement floor and possibly the walls
- Create a kitty litter box area to prevent litter from getting tracked everywhere
- Create efficient storage in the basement
- Finish organizing book cases in the spare room
- Add latches to the cabinet door in the spare room
There are a few other small projects I may tackle if I just need a break from the basement this summer, like caulking the gaps around the trim throughout the house, switching out the dingy backplates on the outlets, etc. And I would absolutely love to get to work on that half bath upstairs, but I'm determined to wait until after the basement is done since that's more important and has a deadline.
Hopefully putting all this in writing will help to keep me on task and focused. I considered adding "No more than 2 naps a week" to the top list, but I figured I'd leave the negatives out of it. Besides, if I do get everything else accomplished that week, what's the harm in getting a little extra R&R so I can stay up later with Chris and play games? ;-)