Sunday, August 11, 2013

End of Summer Task List

Work has been a little slow lately, and I was beginning to get antsy with all the extra days off I've been having. But then, once I dug into finishing the trim on the back porch (going to post about that soon), I was hit with a little house inspiration.

Suddenly I've got this huge list of things I want to do around the house and yard before the weather turns too cold, so I thought I would keep track of everything here. I'm hoping to do all/most of these projects before October, when Chris and I spend all of our free time doing fun fall activities and Halloween events.

So here's what I'd like to tackle:

Yard
  • Weed and add plants to the front yard garden
  • Weed and divide irises in the side yard gardens
  • Add grass seed to bare spots in the back yard
  • Transplant ferns near the shed
  • Transplant plants that did poorly this year to new locations
  • Do something with that compost bin (never got around to making a veggie garden)

Other Outside Projects
  • Paint the eaves around the garage
  • Finish up the back porch trim
  • Add house numbers to the front door

Furniture I'm Going to Paint/Makeover
  • Black china cabinet with mirrors (remove doors, add shelf paper, drawers?, paint)
  • Pink desk (paint white with gold dip look)
  • Old white chair (reupholster and paint to go with the pink desk's new look)
  • Small bookshelf (paint, maybe shelf paper)
  • Apothecary unit (going to look for new hardware, maybe sand and stain a darker tone)

Other Inside Projects
  • Stuff pillows and hem the sides (mom made two pillow covers from leftover materials)
  • Totally empty the kitchen, clean, and reorganize
  • Finish up the new terrariums
  • Caulk the gaps around the living room's ceiling trim

So that's what I'm thinking about. Looking at it now, it sort of seems like a lot to do in the next month and a half, but who knows? Maybe having this list and knowing exactly how much I want to get done will help me stay motivated. Also boredom and too many days off can be a huge motivating factor.

I'll post my projects as I go and try to repost this list with updates a few times as well. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment