Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Plants and room decor

As it turns out, the hosta I planted a few weeks ago under the pine tree is blossoming. It has three or four new stems of flowers on it. Unfortunately, something is biting at the leaves, and it looks like the bees are trying to burrow under it to make a new home. Going to have to nip this one in (or under) the bud. haha


On the other side of the swing, I planted another hosta and a different plant (can't remember what it's called) but I think it's too soon to tell if they like the location or not. I've got one more to plant, but I'm letting it get used to the shadiness first before I decide whether or not to plant it.
The big doggie next door came out to greet and bark at me.
Inside the house, I'm slowly putting things together. Today I hung the big mirror in our room. Still need to paint the door though ...

I finally found a spot for the candelabra Mom got us. It's a little hard to see in this picture, though. Need to get some candles to put on it now. :-) I also really can't wait to make some window treatments for the room with some pretty, bold printed fabric.
Oreo likes the bedroom, finished or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment