Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Christmas in September

So remember where we left off with the back porch makeover? There was still something important missing. Can you tell what it is from this picture?
 

 How about this one?


That's right. We needed a light fixture. That's where Christmas in September comes in. My mom offered to buy the light fixture I've been mooning over for months as an early Christmas present! So sweet!

And I gotta say, it's g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!

Yeah, it looks, weirdly crooked in this picture, but I promise it's not. I think it's because I took the picture from an angle to try to make it look like the light isn't totally off center from the door (it is).
 
Here's a close-up that shows the pretty seeded glass a little better.
 

So much better than before! Now we just need some trim and I need to fix a couple paint splatters and this room will be 100% completely finished. Well, I also have to clean the steps, which still have streaks of drywall dust on them. And if I ever paint the floor and steps ... but whatever. I'm calling it done after the trim!

Looks a little crooked in this picture too, but I swear it looks straight in real life. lol Then again, this whole house is weird, so maybe everything is just crooked. Oh well. Light still looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment