Thursday, August 28, 2008

Another project and cute kitty pictures

The latest project was pretty spur of the moment. I found this piece and immediately started picturing how I could fix it up. We still have a few boxes in the spare bedroom and I thought this would be perfect in there for storing some of their contents. The piece is made out of a light would that wasn't in very good condition, but with a few coats of my wonderful brown furniture paint, I got it looking good as new.
The handles and the overall simple square design reminded me of the 60s or 70s, so I played up that style with overlapping circles all over the top of the piece. I used pots and pans to trace the circles and then painted them in with shades of gold, yellow and brown.
I lucked out with the colors. I actually already had the paints, which just happened to match the hardware perfectly.


And, because he's so darn cute, here's a few more pictures of our new apartment buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment