Friday, March 6, 2009

My trip to Michigan

On the 27th, I flew to Michigan. It was quite the journey. Canceled and delayed flights to La Guardia, a plane too heavy to take off on the departure runway--we had to take off on the arrival runway--and a guy four seats in front of me that couldn't stop puking. Craziness. I finally got to Detroit to find my brother and sister-in-law waiting for me. :-) The next night, we hung out with a lot of our friends and went to a comedy club. Afterward, we played Guitar Hero world tour. Here's a few snippets from the night.

Cara makes this look good.
Katie shows off her awesome rocker kick.
Diane and Ryan get cuddly on the couch.Yeah, I really don't know what's going on here...





The following days, I hung out with my mom and went shopping. We picked out some awesome birthday presents for me and got to see a lot of members of my family. :-) It was so nice getting to see everyone. Mom and I picked out some great deals on shoes and sandals at Kohls. We found this great blue vase (below) and picked out some fun flowers to go with it.
This frame is covered in pages from a phone book! How awesome is that? We got this from Home Goods, our favorite store ever!
Below is a creation made by my grandma. So neat! It's a very fun serving dish. I'm going to use it for serving chips and salsa, or fruit and cookies. :-)
This is the picture frame Adam and Andrea picked out for me. I can't wait to get some pictures in there so I can hang it up on my wall.
I also got to go wine tasting with my mom and Katie, went to a movie, got ice cream, and did all sorts of fun stuff. It really was so awesome getting to hang out with my mom so much. Only wish I had had more time (although it was really hard to be away from Chris for so long!) All in all, a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment