Monday, May 11, 2009
I'm finally getting around to my furniture projects. I bought several pieces from Salvation Army last fall, with the intent of fixing them up to be really unique--and inexpensive--additions to our very small collection of furniture. Well, here it is May ...
But I'm happy to report that I just finished a really fun table. I sanded, painted, decoupaged, and lacquered.
This is the finished project. The top sort of looks like a quilt, but it's just decorative paper. I do have to admit that I was surprised how many coats of yellow paint it took to cover the wood; I think I did about 9 or 10!
Hopefully, this piece will be a bright and sunny addition to our new home.