Monday, May 11, 2009

Quilt table





I'm finally getting around to my furniture projects. I bought several pieces from Salvation Army last fall, with the intent of fixing them up to be really unique--and inexpensive--additions to our very small collection of furniture. Well, here it is May ...

But I'm happy to report that I just finished a really fun table. I sanded, painted, decoupaged, and lacquered.

This is the finished project. The top sort of looks like a quilt, but it's just decorative paper. I do have to admit that I was surprised how many coats of yellow paint it took to cover the wood; I think I did about 9 or 10!

Hopefully, this piece will be a bright and sunny addition to our new home.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Callie...bright and cheery! I actually went to the salvation army myself...picked up a little end table and stripped and refinished it...it turned out really nice! Thought I would give it a try...it was fun!

    I like the pictures of the new house, looks very nice. I bet you just can't wait ;)

    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I want to see pictures of this end table! I'm so proud. haha

    ReplyDelete