Saturday, May 2, 2009

More pictures of our future new house

Here are the promised pictures I took of our potential new home when we went there for the home inspection.

First, a somewhat awkward shot of the full bathroom. The tile wouldn't have been my first choice in colors, but it's been maintained well, so there aren't really any non-aesthetic problems with it.
Kitchen is nice. I'm so happy that I'll get a dishwasher again! I don't know how I would have been able to cope if I didn't have one. I'd love to put a pretty tile back splash above the counters to break up the wood tones.

Another living room shot. You can see the big picture window to the right and the door to the front porch on the left.

Here is the front porch. It sort of feels like being in a cedar chest, but I've discovered that that's not necessarily a bad thing. It sort of reminds me of Chris's dad's cabin in the Adirondacks. Very woodsy and comfortable. Maybe we'll eventually get a couple of Adirondack chairs to sit on out in our woodsy porch.

The front door surrounded by the woodsy beaded board.

The view of the pretty daffodils from the front door. (That's Bob's turquoise van parked down the street).

Back side of the house. The wood staircase is a newer addition to the house, but apparently the entryway sitting on it is not. Figure that one out ...

Here you can see our lovely fenced-in backyard. Plenty of space for Miley, the whippet, to romp around on when Mike and Erin come to visit us. ;-) I also like that there aren't a lot of other backyards and house around behind us. There's just a lot of open land and then a mini-forest.

Wooden swing that currently resides in the backyard. I think the sellers will be taking that, though.
And one final look at the daffodils and a glimpse down our street. The mailbox is actually located on the driveway, instead of the street, as you can see here.

All in all, I just can't wait for these next 7 or 8 weeks to fly by so we can move in to our first home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment