Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Creative Writing

I'm graduating from college in two weeks. Two unbelievably short weeks. I'm getting my BA in Creative Writing and Literature, and I just found out that I'll be graduating with honors. :-)

"So what are you going to do with that degree?" I'm sure you'd like to ask me.

Well, I'm glad you wanted to ask that, because I want to write! I love books. I love stories and adventures and carefully-worded sentences. I love romance and sci fi and biographies. And I love, love, love to travel.

But I guess that doesn't answer your imaginary question. The truth is ... I'm not completely sure. I've got some options and I'm just seeing how things work out.

Here's what I do know: I'm going on a road trip with my boyfriend, Chris, in May. In June, we're going backpacking in Europe for a month. And in July, we're moving to Syracuse, NY.

The most important element in all of those things is, of course, my companion. As far as I'm concerned, everything else can be worked around that. I'm so excited to be starting this next phase of my life--my shiny new life, that is--with this wonderful guy, this best friend of mine.

So now, I'm going to use my writing skills from my shiny new degree to write fiction and post in this blog. And I'm excited to share my adventures with you. ;-) Hope it's every bit as entertaining and adventurous as my life so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment