Wednesday, April 30, 2008

An Unending Amount of Junk

For the past few days, I've been sorting through all of my belongings. It's amazing the massive amount of junk one can accumulate over 22 years. I'm trying to separate out all the things I need for our road trip, for Europe and for our apartment, and then getting the rest ready for a garage sale. While this may not sound so daunting given the fact that I have an entire week to do it, you'll just have to trust me: it is.

Not only is there barely enough room in my bedroom, the hallway, and parts of the living room, dining room and the garage to hold all of it, it's incredibly cramped when trying to organize it into different piles. Additionally, every time I find an old notebook or t-shirt, I'm thrown into a stroll down memory lane and have to examine it. I like remembering days past, but after three full days of it, I'm starting to go bonkers. lol I've tried on about 1/2 of my wardrobe in the past two days, and decided to get rid of about 1/3 of it. It's actually making me never want to go shopping again.

But, in the end, this will make moving in July that much easier. And I'm finding I was way overdue for a spring (and by spring I mean first part of my life) cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment