Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Souvenirs from Jamaica ... via Michigan

During our visit back to Michigan for Thanksgiving and my brother's reception, my mom gave us the souvenirs she had collected for us in Jamaica. Why she felt she needed to give gifts to people who were down there with her, I have no idea. lol But we certainly appreciated it. The scarf she bought us doubles as an absolutely gorgeous table cloth. It even gave me the motivation to clean off the table and declutter that area. A $2 mail sorter certainly proves it's worth by getting the papers off the table and creating more space.

Here's a detail of the table cloth. Stenciled dolphins remind us of Jamaica even when it's cold outside. The blue color goes perfectly with our pictures of the ocean that we already have hanging on the wall behind the dining table and chairs.

Speaking of the cold, I bought Chris and my very first ornament together. I thought it was very appropriate since this weekend we will be going to buy our first Christmas tree together this weekend. In fact, it will pretty much be my first real tree in 15 or 20 years. We're hoping it doesn't bother my allergies too much. We've read that the white pine is good for people with allergies because it doesn't have a strong scent, so we might try to find one of those. So excited to start getting all sorts of pretty Christmas decorations for our apartment. I already bought a nice felt tree skirt that I'm sure will be perfect for Oreo to take naps on.

No comments:

Post a Comment