Today, I wanted to see if I could rearrange the kitchen alcove to make it a little more user-friendly. I had a heck of a time getting the pantry cabinet unscrewed; I eventually gave up and waited for Chris to do it when he came home for lunch. lol Then, as I was pushing the cabinet to the opposite wall, I broke this wrought iron plant hanger in half that was screwed into the window trim. Not that big of a deal, but it was just an indication of things to come.
As I tried to turn the fridge--moving it only about a foot--I somehow bent the copper tube that brings the water up to freezer and the water dispenser. Water started squirting out behind the fridge, pretty much soaking the floor. Luckily, I knew enough to find the shut off valve on the pipe down in the basement, so I stopped it from getting worse. But now I have another project to add to my dad's "Please help me Papa" list when my parents come out to visit next week. lol
Below is the back of the fridge, the copper pipe, all the paper towels I put back there to soak up the mess, and of course, a lot of dust. Yuck!
I painted the trim around the windows and the built-ins today. It looks sooooo clean and nice compared to how it looked before. I can't wait to get the drawers in it and maybe put some new knobs on them. :-) Then the room will finally be done.
Here is a small sampling of the drawers I painted yesterday. You can't see it in this picture, but I even painted the inside of the drawers so they would be nice and clean for us. One or two more days of drying out before we can actually use them though ... I guess we'll just have to make do with digging through piles of clothes on the floor for a couple more days.
Here is the alcove that I'm planning on turning into my closet. I might have to rip out the cabinets. Not sure yet, though.
This is the closet outside the bedroom door. Could definitely use a new paint job to keep Chris's clothes clean.
Chris is just happy to come home, play some World of Warcraft and watch The Simpsons.