Monday, October 29, 2012

Basement Project Progress

The great basement project is coming to an end. There's still a few boxes to sort through, and I still need to move the litter boxes downstairs, but today I painted the paint cabinet and hung up the rest of the curtains I made this summer. I even let the kitties down there to check it out.
 
Ta da!
 

As a reminder, here's where we were about two weeks ago after I cleared out the last section but hadn't painted yet. Pretty much a basement, no?


So here we are this morning. Don't mind the scratch in the floor. I was attempting to move furniture by myself. I have since learned my lesson and will repaint that soon.


And here's Shadow with the newly painted armoire. And look how it matches the curtains! Total coincidence. My mom actually sent me that fabric and my friend Katie helped me pick out that paint color - Yellow Lettuce by Valspar - for our doors. So I just used some of the leftover paint to give this guy a couple coats. Now it's so bright and cheery!


And it's nice having wayyyyyyy less stuff piled up down here. I've condensed a lot of the boxes and gotten rid of a lot of useless things. I also transferred most of Chris and my sentimental things (old cards, awards, pictures, etc.) from old boxes into new plastic containers to keep them kitty-proof.



I still have more work to do, but things are moving along. The work bench is still a big of a mess, but I'm getting stuff hung up on the pegboard, which opens up the surface area a lot.



Meanwhile, the kitties are happy that they're allowed to go down there again.


Here's Zoro celebrating by headbutting Oreo.


 And here's Shadow, pretty much just being himself. Watching the action from a safe corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment