And as you can see, it needs a lot of work...
It's a pretty small space. There's a break room just across from it where we all eat, so it only needs to serve as a place to prepare our lunches and make coffee. But even those simple tasks are not being performed all that efficiently right now.
Also, the server and other computer equipment are not exactly improving the view in the corner. All those wires! It looks like my living room, actually. lol Oops.
- Paint the walls and trim
- Cover up the server area with something decorative (but keeping them easily accessible)
- Get rid of the extra microwave
- Get a narrower counter to free up space
- Hide the trash and recycling bins (possibly under the above-mentioned counter?)
- Find a place for the mop and broom to live
- Maybe add shelves to get stuff up off the counter/table?
- I would love to do an accent wall for that back blank wall but we'll see if I can get them to sign off on that one (took weeks to get them to decide on the right shade of grey for the bathroom)
- Possibly add storage and organization to the nearby built-in cabinets
- Would love to add some pretty artwork to the walls (haven't managed to convince them to do that in the bathroom, so again, we'll see)
All the other items (including trash and recycling) will be able to go in the cabinet. And in the built-in cabinet near the door, I'd like to house the mop bucket and broom, if possible. If not, they may fit in the dummy cabinet under the server.
Just looking at this rendering, I can see that it might be nice to have that long narrow counter be a bit shorter so we don't run into the corner. Or have some sort of rounded edge on it. Also, I made the hallway to the built-in cabinet way too long. Oops.
But you get the idea. I think the solution is simple and will meet our needs. Of course, a tall, repurposed storage cabinet opposite the server with a short table next to it could also fit the bill. And then I could incorporate a really fun unique find like this. (Spoiler alert, they'll never go for that color! lol)
Obviously still in the brainstorming phase, so let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions. I want to have some good stuff to present to my