Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring To Do List

Is it sad that 40-degree weather has me all excited and thinking spring?

Let's just say it's been a pretty rough winter, and even a single ray of sunshine has me in the mood to get outdoors and working on projects. Here's what's on the agenda right now:

  • Do something about the paint spill on the back porch. Last fall I accidentally spilled a gallon of paint on the wood floor. I ran out of good weather before I got around to doing something about it, so that's definitely a priority. Not sure if I'm going to paint the porch floor, extend it out to the stairs and railing, stain everything, or just try to sand it down a little.
  • Take the extra set of numbers off the siding. Last year I painted house numbers on our door and it turned out great. But we also have house numbers on the nearby mailbox and on the siding a few feet away. Talk about overkill. So I'd like to lose one of the sets so keep things simple.
  • Make an herb garden. I often have a few pots of herbs near the back door so I can cut a few pieces every now and then. And I already bought a cilantro plant to use in fresh salsa throughout the summer. But this year I'd like to find one big container or even a raised plant bed with other vegetables. I think it would look really nice.
  • Make a spring banner. I recently received a lot of very pretty spring-y birthday cards and I was thinking it would be a shame to throw them away. So I've been thinking about getting a 2" hole punch and some ribbon to create something unique and colorful.
  • Make or buy a spring wreath for the front door. Kind of like "if you build it, they will come." If I put a spring wreath on the door, maybe spring will actually get here.
  • Clean the windows. Self explanatory.
  • Mulch the garden beds. Haven't done this in a while and it does always look so nice after I do. Maybe black mulch this year.
  • Caulk around the crown molding in the living room. I'm so sick of looking at those gaps and cracks after being cooped up in the house so much this winter. They've gotta go. Maybe even a fresh coat of paint on the walls is in order.
I'm sure there's lots of other stuff that I need to do this spring, but these are the ones I'm most excited about. As always, I'll be sure to post about my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment