Monday, July 13, 2009

Closet Makeover

Today's project: make over the closets outside the master bedroom. Thankfully, my dad ripped out the extra cabinets (pictured below) for me while he was here so I could transform this alcove outside the bedroom door into my own closet and give Chris the existing one.


Sadly, his closet was in desperate need of a paint job and a good cleaning.


I used the leftover blue bedroom paint to fix up inside Chris's closet. I did the floor with the light brown I picked up at Lowe's for $5 because someone had it made up and then didn't want it. It's just about the exact color I want to paint the dining room, so I figured it was a good find.

We still need to move Chris's shoes into the closet, but I wanted to let it dry a little more thoroughly first.

And here's my closet on the other side of the bedroom doorway. I picked up the curtains at the Christmas Tree Shop; they're a little long, but for $5 a panel, I figured I could manage.
My dad left a small shelf in place for me, which is perfect for holding purses, cute shoes and photo boxes full of my scarves and belts. The boxes and the cloth bins are all from Christmas Tree Shop, as well. It's a cheap and effective way to keep things organized and readily available for me to grab.
It's hard to tell in the picture, but I painted the walls and inside the closet a creamy light yellow color and the slanted ceiling is white.
Now I can actually hide my clothes from view and make the area look a little neater.

No comments:

Post a Comment