Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Decisions Decisions

Life has very quickly gone from waiting for months and weeks for one thing or another to a great big avalanche of information to process and consider.

After attending the Masters Preview at Newhouse for the two graduate programs I was accepted into, I was more confused than ever about what to do. I'm unsure which--if either--program is the right fit for me. I have a meeting this afternoon to talk to some of the Advertising professors about the program. I'm just worried that I'm paying to be trained for a job I might not like, or that I could get hired now with a company and work my way up slower and learn from the actual company. It's a huge decision and I just don't feel like I have enough information.

So I decided to enlist the help and advice of some of the advertising companies in Syracuse, to get a different perspective on my situation. I've heard back from a few, and one even wants to meet with me to discuss an internship this summer! It's unpaid, but it still sounds like a really great opportunity. Now I've got to schedule meetings to talk with several advertising executives and hopefully gain a little insight on the right path for my future.

To top it all off, I just found out that I've been awarded the Dean's scholarship for whichever program I choose at Newhouse. That certainly makes the prospect of attending the Masters program a little more managable financially, but I still need to find out if it's right for me.

I guess I better come up with a list of questions to ask the Newhouse professors in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment