Friday, February 24, 2012

A New Rug + A New Floor Plan = Progress

One of the rooms that looks the most different after all the furniture rearrnging is the dining room. I don't have a lot of good pictures of it before the makeover because honestly, it was just too cluttered. I just didn't want to document how bad it had gotten. But I took a few pictures before moving everything out.



Here's my lovely assistant Zoro showing off the new rug I bought at HomeGoods with a gift card that was a wedding present from Chris's coworker. Isn't it a gorgeous rug? We've had it down for about a week now, and I can confidently say that it's kitty tested and approved by all. Definitely doesn't show cat hair and lint as much as the old dark purple one.


And here's the room now:


We still need to find a place for the dust buster to live, and the safe needs to go somewhere ... well, safe. And yes, that is a marine battery sitting in the middle of the floor. And some odd decorative items and lamps. And an extra phone table and an extra chair. OK so clearly this room is nowhere near done. But if I waited until it was to put up pictures, I'd probably never be able to post anything.


Minus the little extras, the room definitely feels way more open and calming without the dining room table in the middle of the room. We tucked it in the corner next to the staircase, but right now the security camera is positioned on a tv tray, so it's not quite where it should be. And we now have no place for some artwork and a mirror that was on the wall before. Still working on that.




Oh, and see that pretty apothecary jar on the table? I'm going to turn it into a terrarium. I'm obsessed with the one Chris bought me for Christmas. I keep it at my desk at work, which makes me happy to have a little bit of nature with me in my windowless room, but then I don't get to enjoy it at home. So this jar with a lid should be perfect for home since it'll keep the kitties out. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment