Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!

So I'm about a week late getting this post up, but what can I say? I had a lot of pictures to post from the last couple weeks. Anyway, for New Years Eve, Chris and I hung out with out good friends Jim and Rhonda Youngs. I made lobster and baked potatoes (yes, lobster!) And for those of you who know that potatoes are one thing I absolutely can't cook well, you'll be surprised to find out that they came out really tasty! Jim and Rhonda brought over wine and some yummy crusty bread with a new dipping sauce from Pastabilities (available at Wegmans) that was sooo delicious. I even made a little salad and served Italian-stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer. Basically, we had a feast.
 
We had a lot of fun playing the new Battle of the Sexes, which they boys dominated, so that was a little disappointing for me. haha But it's a really fun game, even if you lose.
 
We sorta kinda missed the ball drop by about three or four seconds ... we may have been distracted because we were taking a stroll down memory lane and doing a Power Hour. Well, part of one, anyway. Chris has an incredible Power Hour DVD with 60 one-minute clips of all these videos and theme songs from his college days. So fun.
 





All in all, I'd say it was another fun New Years for the Dolens and the Youngs.

No comments:

Post a Comment