Thursday, December 19, 2013

It's a Wrap

If you're like me, the two best parts of gift giving are wrapping the presents and watching friends and family open them. I do all my wrapping spread out over a few weeks so I don't feel rushed to get them done. That way, I can spend time getting each and every one to look pretty and Christmas-y.

Here's a few pics of my wrapped gifts for this year. Hopefully this gives some inspiration for fun ways to wrap your gifts.

Last year I attached green jingle bells to all my presents. This was the year of big bows and handmade tags.

For the tags, I bought a couple packs of labels, but rather than attaching them right to the present, I attached them to other papers and tags, hole punched the whole thing, and then attached that to the present. It just adds a little something extra to the package PLUS then you keep the boxes and bags pretty so they can be reused next year. :-)
My favorite ribbon this year was this wired plaid Christmas ribbon. It looked great on the Grinch Hallmark paper Chris and I picked up. I just tie a simple bow and fold the ends of the ribbon under so the recipient doesn't get poked. Super simple and what an impact!
Chris and I both have dads with December birthdays, so it's important to wrap their birthday presents in non-Christmasy paper. But it's fun to still make them look cheery.
Another look is to tie in a piece of your Christmas tree, right under the bow. How cute, right?
I also had fun with baker's twine this year. Lots of presents got ride and white string bows. The paper tree I made myself as trim for the present (which can also be hung on the tree as an ornament). I got my (p)inspiration here.
I love the bold red and white striped paper. The owl gift tag I made from cutting up my 2013 Paper Source calendar. (The link goes to the 2014 calendar).

That cute red star I purchased in a 6-pack from Target and it's called gift trim. The pretty box that I tied with the red ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.
And don't forget to purchase some "plain" wrapping paper. With the right trim, it can have even more of an impact than the patterned paper.

I bought this reversible red/green paper at Walmart. Just one roll to create all these looks. It could be super cute to do all your presents under the tree in just red and green.
Last year, my mom taught me the art of the gift basket. The key is the cellophane -- it holds everything in place. Also, she taught me to stuff the bottom of the basket with tissue paper, so the goodies are all visible above the rim of the basket. Tie it all off with a big wired ribbon and you have yourself a gorgeous gift basket.
Anyone else obsessed with wrapping presents? Do you have any tips or tricks to share?

Here's a few other wrapping ideas that I love:

No comments:

Post a Comment