Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Let the Sunshine In

Remember how I still needed to hang something over my new entryway cabinet? And how I said I had something bright and awesome for just that spot?

Voila!
Isn't that perfect? My dad made it out of salvaged wood! He also painted the stripes. I'm still in awe of it. It's 100% my taste and style. And it's one-of-a-kind, which is also pretty amazing.

I love how the wood frame coordinates with the wood coat rack and the mail bin, and the green ray of sunshine matches the door and the plants.
Each ray of sunshine is a different piece of wood. In person, it's even cooler. You can really see the different textures and all the knots.
My parents said they got the idea from a show on HGTV. I'm guessing it was a bit like putting a puzzle together to get all the pieces to fit.
So thanks again Papa! I absolutely love it. You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment